Suggestions please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenpachi Z

Reaction score
Im looking to make a chamomile , vanilla mead but im thinking of maybe adding some kind of fruit ...any suggestions ?

Im looking to make a chamomile , vanilla mead but im thinking of maybe adding some kind of fruit ...any suggestions ?
I have no experience with chamomile, nor can I say I know what it tastes like, but, I would say cherry goes well with vanilla.
I hope this helps.
Happy meading 😎

Chamomile can take center stage. Not sure why you want to introduce a fruit that might replace the star role of the chamomile. What about honey as the fermetable? You might consider a varietal honey - perhaps, orange blossom or even Tupelo.

The key question is which do you want to be the predominate flavor, and what do you want in the background? Then I suggest you experiment by making tea with different amounts of chamomile, vanilla, and honey. See what flavor balance you like best. Of course the finished mead will taste different, but at least that gives you a starting point.

You can experiment with chamomile tea made with different fruit additions, to see what you like. But I agree with @bernardsmith that you don't necessarily need to add any fruit. If the chamomile and vanilla go together well, that could make an awesome mead without anything else. You could also explore other herbs that might taste good with chamomile. Look at some packages of herbal teas containing chamomile for ideas.

Chamomile can take center stage. Not sure why you want to introduce a fruit that might replace the star role of the chamomile. What about honey as the fermetable? You might consider a varietal honey - perhaps, orange blossom or even Tupelo.
Yeah thats what i did and i used gallberry honey

Back