Suggestions for stalled fermentation WLP380

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy6

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having my first ever stalled fermentation on a wheat beer with WLP380. It was a small 2 gallon batch with an OG of 1050. I made a 1L starter 3 days before brewing the batch. I pitched at 62f and a vigorous fermentation started a few hours after pitching. After 4-5 days there was barely any air lock activity but I let it sit at about 62f until day 14. I took a hydrometer sample and it was 1020. I moved the carboy to a warmer area and waited until the temperature of the beer got to 70f. Then I gently stirred the yeast back into suspension.

I waited 5 days and took another hydrometer sample. The beer is still at 1020. The hydrometer sample smelled and tasted pretty good so worst case I'll still bottle this and save it for summer but I was wondering what you guys would suggest. Should I put in some yeast energizer or add more yeast? Any other tips?

Thanks!

Back