Suggestions for best homebrews to give as Christmas gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3conn

Reaction score
As a lover of all things beer, I come from a family of fellow beer enthusiasts and was hoping to brew some Christmas presents this year. What would your suggestions be for a great general beer to brew.Of course everyone has their favorite brews.I have my favorites, but if I recieved a high gravity stout, a nut brown, or an IPA in my stocking I wouldn't be picky. What do you all think?

That really depends on the recipient. If the person prefers pale ales a pale would be best. If the person prefers malty beers, maybe a Stout or Porter.

To hit the most maybe a mild brown ale. I brewed on from leftovers and it was one of the ones that got the most good reviews from my friends.

Personally I would like a sampler pack.

Or you could clear your stock of your least favorites.:D

hoppy amber ale or brown ale. i think that is one style that all craft beer enthusiasts can enjoy. malty and hoppy, with neither winning out and neither being compromised.

I did a chocolate mint stout last year. Made some custom labels, put red wax on the bottles and made a loop of ribbon holding a chocolate mint candy cane onto each one.

It turned out well, and one 22ozer is good for 3-4 people to share of a beer like that. It's more of an after dinner drink than a standard beer.

Thanks for the suggestions! I do like the idea of the chocolate mint stout and I have thought about trying one of those. Perhaps I'll make a brown ale and a chocolate mint stout and see what I want to drink the most.

Back