Suggested Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilbrew247

Reaction score
I'm going to get a new propane burner. I would like one that would last me through doing full boils for 5 and eventually 10 gallon batches. I don't really want to order one so I'm looking at Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart etc might have turkey fryers. They will probably only have ones with the pot. They will work but unless you need the pot I would skip it and get an SP-10 or SQ-14 on a budget or a Blichmann if money is abundant. You can get the Bayou Classic burners on Amazon.

I have a turkey fryer for my HLT and SP-10 for the BK the turkey fryer is much slower.

kh54s10 said:
Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart etc might have turkey fryers. They will probably only have ones with the pot. They will work but unless you need the pot I would skip it and get an SP-10 or SQ-14 on a budget or a Blichmann if money is abundant. You can get the Bayou Classic burners on Amazon.

I have a turkey fryer for my HLT and SP-10 for the BK the turkey fryer is much slower.

I ended up buying the bayou cooker. I think it's the banjo classic one. $80 on Amazon. Anybody have any luck with this one?

Just a heads up to anyone looking, they BC SP-10 will not fit a 15.5 gal keggle. The diameters are just off enough so the keg will wobble. I worked around this by having a friend with access to a plasma cutter fab me up a bracket out of 1/4" steel that widens the diameter (I guess length now, since it's a square). Works great, but if you'd rather just skip that part, go for something with a bigger stand, or a square stand.

Update. Burner came today. Very powerful.

ForumRunner_20120723_214829.jpg

Back