Suger mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suger water yeast , I’ve done lots of it over last 3 years but moved and didn’t get chance to put through still it’s been 4 mouths and has tan colour , ????

4 months on yeast? Is it in a closed plastic container? It may be a bit oxidized and chances are the yeast has autolyzed (died) and decomposed, leaving some weird flavors and aromas behind. Does it smell OK otherwise?

There's not much distilling can't fix. ;)

No, sorry, I don't live on an island. I sometimes wish though.
Looks like a nice place where you are!

I just posted on the advantages of a two piece column...if your fermenting sugar washes for distilling i'm assuming your using a reflux set-up? do it slow...get it as pure as possible...(still not good enough if your talking turbo though, lol...don't know how else you could get yeast to ferment plain sugar water)

acetic acid bacteria need fresh air to turn alcohol to vinegar, so as long as it was air tight you should be fine....

OR i should say, how did it turn out? being that this was posted on the 14th....

Back