Suds on the Shore Ludington, Michigan 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heads up! Jamesport Brewing and various other entities are once again hosting the annual Suds on the Shore beer festival in Ludington, Michigan to benefit the United Way!

This is a very nice, not as small as it used to be, beer festival and I know they are looking for volunteers for second shift to pour beer. Volunteering gets in you in the door and a glass and T-shirt. Everything except the drink tokens (which you can still buy and use during first shift, as long as you remain sober enough to do your second shift duties...)

Same day as the Michigan Homebrew Festival. Sadly MHF is my favorite beer event... I guess the events are on opposite sides of the state but there have been homebrew clubs from Traverse City representing at the festival before...

Staying up on crystal lake for the week, would have come down to hit this had i saw it. How was it?
I was just looking at the microbrew and music fest for next friday in Traverse, but $50 looks a bit steep for just 5 drink tokens. doubt i will go since i have to drive back to Beulah that night and then C-Bus Sat.

SOTS was pretty good! We got there a bit later than I would have liked but still managed to try a bunch before our volunteer shift (volunteering for half the festival gets you in for free, you only have to buy your tokens (8 for $5)).

TCMBMF is a really good time. Lots of good music and good beer. It's pricey, but we go as a romantic get-away couple of times a year. This year they are having a Homebrew Competition and the entrants get to set up a keg and pour their IPA for people. Well, I HOPE they have someone pouring for them, because I'd rather walk around and drink beer and listen to music than be stationed at my keg all night.

Back