Success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cglkaptc

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well I just tried my first batch (that was not made with a Mr. Beer kit) last night. It was a red ale. It was great. It tasted the exact way that I thought it wouldn't. For some reason I thought that the first brew is usually always bad until you get the hang of it. Anyway, it was good and I am happy with it.

I wanted to thank all the people who answered my questions when doing this first batch. I had myself all woried for nothing.

I got IPA and Irish Stout fermenting right now, hopefully those are just as good.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks,

Chris

congrats! just be careful. my first 2 batches was awesome, then I made a couple weird-tasting batches. just remember: you can never overestimate the importance of fermentation temps. I went through a spell when I first started brewing where none of them were really at the quality level I wanted because it was so warm in my basement. So just keep fermentation temps in check and you'll be fine.

Back