Success!!!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I unleashed the keg of Another Awesome Hefeweizen on the masses. everyone at the party loved it. well, everyone who showed up before 6:00, cuz it was gone by then ;) i had one chick tell me it was the best beer she'd ever tasted :mug:

It really turned out well...very complex, rich, spicy and fruity with a slight orange tang to it and not so much of the banana that i don't really enjoy. it did have a bit of a malty aftertaste that could have been improved, but otherwise came out awesome, as named. I was surprised at how many people enjoyed it, as i thought some might not appreciate something so rich.

next time I'll crack it open a little later, when everyone shows up. a few ladies were disappointed and i didn't have any homebrew reserves. doh!

actually, next time i'll have more than one keg ;)

Here's the recipe:

2 oz Acid Malt
2 oz Munich Malt
6 lbs Wheat DME
1/4 cup Malto Dextrin
1½ oz Tettnanger 4% AA (bittering)
3/4 oz Saaz 3.3% AA (aroma - 3 minutes)
1 tblt Whirfloc
WLP300 Yeast

Racked to secondary (didn't have keg available yet and i needed to brew yet another hefeweizen)
Kegged and sat at 20 psi for 9 days.

:rockin:

Reaction score
sound like alot of fun!!! I too got to serve a bunch of home brew lastnight to about 100+ at a wedding. Its nice to see people enjoying your creations isent it. curious though why whirfloc in the wizen??
JJ

OP
DeathBrewer

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
i dunno...had some lying around. i knew i was going to keg it and odd people would be drinking so i wanted to make it clear as possible. it didn't really do much, though...was still pretty hazy.