Style recommendations please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottcamps

Reaction score
Short story; in two weeks I will be heading into a police academy. The academy will be 26 weeks long or just over 6 months. We will be finished in early August. With that said. I would like to do a 10 gal AG batch that would be "finished" at graduation. I thought it would be a cool concept. The only hang up is for extended bottle conditioning or secondary I typically do big beers or a complex brew. For example a winter warmer, ipl, or oak/whiskey saison. I want to do something lighter for summer but all can enjoy. What brews have you all had good luck with going that long in secondary or in bottles?

I'd do a Saison and maybe add brett. That would most certainly handle the age, it is a great summer brew, and it will be ready when you're out.

Good luck to you in the academy.

Perfect. I was leaning toward the oak aged i did before since I don't have a ton of time to develop and test a recipe. Since I already have one that was a major hit I will roll with that. I thought I would just see what wisdom HBT could provide. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers
Scott

Back