stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potatoe

Reaction score
I made NB's Phat tyre clone AG. 9 days later and it tastes like Flat tyre.

* 5 lbs. Dingemans Pils
* 2 lbs. Munich Malt
* 2 lbs. Dark Munich Malt
* 0.50 lbs. Victory Malt
* 0.50 lbs. Breiss Crystal 60

* Wyeast #1762 Belgian Abbey II. High gravity yeast with distinct warming character from ethanol production. Slightly fruity with dry finish. Flocculation: medium. Apparent attenuation: 73-77%. Optimum temperature: 65-75.

I'm stuck at 1.020. It is still much too sweet. I think my problem is low fermentation temperatures. (as low as 62-63, up to 68). I racked to secondary last night, (after dropping my collector in the the carboy while snagging a sample:drunk:) And collected the yeast in a big mason jar.

Should I heat up the brew to the low 70's and throw the slurry back in? Do I need fresh yeast? Was I just not patient enough?

I've had octoberfest gain bills with 30% munich that finished out at 1.017, so I don't think you're that far off. You have 50% specialty grains.

Next time if you want to use the same grain bill, mash at 150 degrees for 90 minutes. Lower mash temps and longer mash times translate into higher attentuation.

Latest posts

Back