stuck sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquajon1

Reaction score
working on my 5th all grain, prior to this no problems spraging, then today. after running threw 2 qts to clear up the wort, i put the hose into my kettle and leave the valve slightly cracked open, after 10 mins it is down to a trickle and still alot of water left in the mash tun... i am using 11lbs of grain and added 13.75 qts of water to the mash. i collected about 1 gal of wort before it stoped running. so i added 4 qts of 168degf water and refloated the bed. let it sit for 20 mins and have it running again. this time no problems and valve is in the same position... so hope it all goes well.
all the fun of doing AG

Stuck sparges... I have almost quit over a couple of those. Do you have a false bottom and stuff installed? Was it a wheat beer?

i have a homemade cooler and cpvc manifold. up till today it worked just fine... took a SG reading prior to boil est was 1.046 i got 1.039 so i think not to bad..

Back