Stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinnick21

Reaction score
I have a beer fermenting with 1318. It started at 1.075 and is supposed to finish near 1.021. However it has stuck at 1.036, can I repitch another package of 1318 or just let it go?

Mash at 155.
44.4% 2 row
11.1% white wheat
33.3% flaked oats
11.1% flaked barley

Repitching yeast won't do you any good, you've already got plenty in there. 1318 can floc early sometimes so rousing the yeast can help. If anything I'd pitch a pack of US-05 or something similar if you have any available.

What temperature? Swirl and raise temp would be the first things I would do (well, since I have a conical I would probably take the yeast off the bottom and put it back on top).

Using tilt hydrometer. I have an SS brewbucket conical. No harvesting capability to put back up top.

Giving it a good shake for it going some but it died out again at 1.029. So from 1.075-1.029. Do I settle at that when target was 1.021 or do I pitch the Safale-05?

US-05 might help a bit if there actually is anything left to munch on. It definitely won't hurt the beer though. If that doesn't do anything I say just package it and see what the final product is like.

Back