Stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pesi

Reaction score
Good morning people, I brewed up a 5 gal batch of Biermunchers centennial blonde last Tuesday and the gravity has been stuck at 1.020 since Friday. I used a rehydrated packet of Nottingham fermenting in the high fifties and my og was 1.049. I've done this recipe before and the gravity was down to 1.010 within 5 days. Am I just being a worry wort and give it a few more days or should I take some action? If so what should I do? Thanks in advance

Also I'm pretty sure the dude next to me just broke wind, totally not relevant but I admire his courage

If it was my batch I would bring the temp up to mid 60's and give it a few days before I did anything else. Depenind how much ester you like in your blond you could bring up to 70 with the Notty, but again the higher the temp the more ester.

Lots of variables to check, current temp of the fermenter? Is there still activity in the airlock/carboy? I would bring it to a spot in your house that is a little warmer and of need be, rock the carboy bam and fourth to re introduce the yeast back into solution. This happens a lot with dry yeast if enough is not pitched, temps are getting low, or a yeast nutrient/energizer isn't used.

Back