- Aug 12, 2020
- Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I have a stuck fermenter and I need some help deciding how to move forward. I brewed an all grain Belgian Tripel. Its been in the primary for 13 days stuck at 1.037 (6.3 brix). OG was 1.079. I originally made a starter using Lallemond Abbaye at 1.7L using 5.89oz of DME using the shake method> This is where I think I went wrong. I let the starter go only 12 hours. Anyway, Im stuck and Im trying to get down to 1.008. Beginning of fermentation was very healthy with a blow off tube at 68-72*. I cooled down the best i could in an ice bath to keep it near 67. I have since built a fermentation chamber and it is sitting in there stuck holding at 67*. My question, I have 2 more packs of the same yeast in the mail. The website suggests i packet needed for the current gravity. Should I make another starter with 1 packet? Im not sure if the current alcohol level affects yeast being pitched. Should I make a starter based on OG (1.079) or current gravity (1.037). Or just rehydrate or sprinkle on top. Its been stuck now for about 5 days. Never had a stuck fermenter. I also now have a stir plate.