Stuck at 1.035

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludovico

Reaction score
I brewed an AG batch of IPA 12 days ago. OG was 1.078, and it's been stuck at 1.035 for 6 days now. I used American Ale liquid yeast... should I repitch? Isn't this a pretty poor attenuation?

Yes, that is only 55% attenuation. 6 days is a little too early to judge 100%, but chances are that if you didn't build a starter, you underpitched and it could have a problem reaching the level you hoped.

Pitching another vial won't do a heck of a lot as it is a very hostile environment to throw fresh yeast (high alcohol, low PH, no oxygen). I'd wait until after day 10 and see where it is at. If it is still having issues, make a starter and pitch the whole thing into your beer while it is at high krausen. This could help with the attenuation.

Just leave it for a few weeks and come back to it. All your issues will probably be solved with time.

Back