Stuck at .030

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber

Reaction score
Ok I know this kind of post comes up all the time but I'm going to post it again. I brewed my first big beer and I'm stuck at .030. Started out at .083 and was hoping to get to around .020. I mashed at 155, had a 2q starter and added neutriant to primary. The beer has been in primary for one week and almost all activity has stoped. What are the possibilities of dropping anymore. Primary was nutz for two days then everything stopped. I'm still getting some yeast movement, but not much. Should I wait another week and take another hydro or would it be best to pitch again? I used Wyeast 1728 originaly and I do have S-04 on hand. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Shawn

Slowly let the temperature rise into the low-to-mid 70s and let it sit for another week or so.

You mashed high, so your wort has more unfermentables. I'd warm it up a bit, rouse the yeast and give it a week, but don't be surprised if you don't get much lower.

Back