Streaming video with chat sulotion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all. I got a Webcam from a friend recently and was considering using it to broadcast a brewing session in the future. I have it up and running with YAWCAM, but this software doesn't provide chat, which I think we would all agree is a nice feature to have.

Can anyone recommend a solution that would allow me to stream the video from the camera to the Internet AND provide a chat window? I know some have done it before, but I can't remember the name of it.

TIA!

Ok, I have been on mogulus and it looks like a decent one, but I cannot get my webcam to stream to it. The site shows the camera as an option, but it doesn't receive video (at least on my browser). Still working on it.

I'm not sure what I need to do. I can preview the streaming video with YAWCAM just fine, but Mogulus doesn't seem able to receive it. Maybe I should RTFM?

Ah, I guess I got it now. I had YAWCAM running, thinking that is was providing the stream source, but I figured out that the video feed sites use Adobe to get feed. Once I shut down YAWCAM and reconnected with the web software it worked.

Would anyone like to join in a chat real quick and test for me?

Mogulus Channel is homercidalbrewing

If you hop into IRC, there are generally some people around to watch a brewcast (or a test). I'm there, but at work, so sadly can't help you.

Alternatively, you could just run the webcast from YAWCAM, and use a chat site like:

TinyChat - Create a free chatroom

And of course, let us know when you do it!

I just went to Mogulus and saw "11:50 Homercidal : OK. Time to switch to Stickam and see how that one works." ;)

Alternatively, you could just run the webcast from YAWCAM, and use a chat site like:

TinyChat - Create a free chatroom

And of course, let us know when you do it!

I just went to Mogulus and saw "11:50 Homercidal : OK. Time to switch to Stickam and see how that one works." ;)

Hmm... That warrants a try maybe. I had both programs lock video for an unknown reason. I set it up at home so that I can check the kids from work. Mwuahahah!!

I made sure to tell the young one to not play on the computer all day, so I can see if she does so or not.

Ha ha! I logged in remotely and switched the feed back over to Mogulus and loaded up the video. There was my daughter at the computer crying. I called and asked her what was wrong. (She didn't figure out that I somehow knew to call her and ask what was wrong...)

She said the video game was too hard. So I told her to get dressed and take a break do some chores. I might enjoy having a camera online just to mess with their heads!

I'm tempted to hook up a webcam to our front doorstep.

We haven't had any thefts or break-ins, but on Friday someone left a fairly nice mailbox on the porch. It doesn't belong to any of the neighbors, and none of my friends left it as a joke. We're completely stumped as to who might have left it behind.

Back on topic, do let me/us know when you plan on televising your next batch :)

I'm tempted to hook up a webcam to our front doorstep.

We haven't had any thefts or break-ins, but on Friday someone left a fairly nice mailbox on the porch. It doesn't belong to any of the neighbors, and none of my friends left it as a joke. We're completely stumped as to who might have left it behind.

Back on topic, do let me/us know when you plan on televising your next batch :)

Will do. It will probably be a while, but the next one that I do here I will try and set up. Actually, next weekend a friend might be coming over to swap out his server hardware and we might be tempted to brew a batch. Probably a longshot though.

Kids are still not dressed and doing chores... :mad:

Back