Strawberry Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justybeer

Reaction score
I have been making the same, or close to the same, recipe of strawberry blonde for several years now. I have always transferred 5 gallons on to 5lbs of strawberries. Since this is a wheat'ish beer, and I am not concerned with clarity, would it be ok to just add the frozen berries to my 6.5 gallon glass carboy? What about adding the berries to the primary after fermentation, letting them soak for a week or so, then transferring to a secondary to get it off the trub?

I don't see any reason you could not do it either way.If you put the strawberries in primary there will be more junk to contend with,but you would not have to clean and sanitize everything multiple times either.

Thanks a lot BrewBear. I like the idea of not having to clean and sanitize something else. I wonder if a cheese cloth or hop sock over the racking cane tube, while filling my bottling bucket, will do any damage?

Latest posts

Back