Strange taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob1

Reaction score
I'm a newbe having just two brews under my belt. I have brewed Nut brown ale and a Red ale from kits and have followed the instructions. After letting the bottled ale fall for 4 weeks before consuming, both have a fizzy kind of taste, I have consumed my share of local craft beer and never got a similar taste. i want to figure this out before i begin another batch. Any words of wisdom from the experts?

We need more details.. Was it Extract, Partial Mash or All Grain... How big was the boil.. What temp did you pitch at and what strain did you use...

Anyway, welcome to the hobby...

Maybe you can find a homebrew club in your area and give them a bottle or two to taste?

It's kind of hard to judge to do this on the internet unless you get really specific on the off-flavor and provide all the details of the brew.

Thanks for your input. I will get with some of the local talent and get there thoughts about the taste.

Back