Strange foaming issue with Commercial keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisn2me

Reaction score
I am getting a bad foaming issue with my latest commercial keg (Cigar City Jai Alai IPA). Current I am running the keg at 38 Deg. I have a 2 tap tower and one Soda corny on a picnic tap. CO2 is regulated with a dual regulator one set at 45PSI for the soda and one set at 12PSI for the Beer, the beer reg is also split for both tower taps. Beer line is 15 feet 3/16th ID. This is the first keg that I have had this issue with be it home brew or commercial keg.
Two weeks ago I kicked both my home brew Belgium double and a commercial IPA . I still had a couple of weeks before I keg my next home brew so I went and bought the Jai Alai brought it home and let it sit in the Kegerater until I could clean my lines. so after cleaning my lines and the faucets I tap the Jai Alai and pull a glass which has some foam but not bad, then later in the week I tried to pull another glass and I can see the pressure is way up and I am getting nothing but foam. I check the reg and it says 22PSI. I must have bumped it or something so I turn it down and bleed it at the reg, set back to 12PSI and tried to pull another pint again nothing but foam but I am thinking I need to let it sit for awhile. next day I try and pull another glass and still high pressure and foam, check the reg and it's back up to over 20PSI. So I turn the pressure down again and this time I switch out to a different tap and release pressure from the keg and let it sit overnight.
Today I try check the reg and it's back up to 20PSI, I grab a half gallon and pull off some foam to see if I just need to run it through and let it settle down, one half gallon of foam and no luck, Also while looking at the lines I can see foaming in the lines. so I turn the gas off to the keg and the regulator drops to 9PSI on the gauge and try and pull beer, it's coming out very slow and still all foam, the beer line is all foam, so I am thinking the Keg is now over carbonated but I am just not sure at this point.

Do I need to continue to bleed off the keg to get the carbonation back down? is there some issue I am overlooking here?

Back