Strange 3 Gallon Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvpeacock

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just ran across two 3 gallon corny kegs with very strange lids and can't find anything about them on the internet. They say "Firestone/Spartan" on the kegs and have ball lock gas in and liquid out posts. However, the lids are like a gas cap or radiator cap, not the standard corny keg oval lid. The lids are round with a gasket on the underside and two metal tabs. The tabs fit into two slots in the keg top and the lid is then twisted closed seating the gaskets. The round lids also have a pressure relief valve in the center. Anyone know anything about this style of keg?

kegs.png

No; but buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

They look like ones that I've seen store milk instead of soda back in the day but ur pic came up real small

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I haven't seen that lid before. Usually different kegs have different in/out posts. Firestone, Spartenberg, Cornelius I believe have different post dimensions and/or poppets. These probably do too. I wish I knew more.

Hopefully someone knows more about these kegs, as I'd like to know too. I'm intrigued...

Back