Stout w/ Grapes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Pschof

Reaction score
I have maybe 20 oz of muscat grape concentrate left over from a Midas Touch batch I did awhile ago. I was trying to figure out what to do with it (it is just sitting in the freezer). I was thinking of making 5 gallons of Imperial Stout with cascade hops and adding some of the concentrate as fermentation dies down. I was thinking this might end up sort of unique w/ a floral aroma, but really I have no idea. Is there anything obviously gross about this?

3 Dog Brew

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Midas Touch, but after spending $10 per 4 pack, I drank it all. Anyway, rather than potentially ruin some perfectly good stout, why not make a Pyment Mead with the muscat juice? Mead kits are plentiful and if you've never tried making it, it is very easy, it just takes some patience. Mix ~15 lb of honey with your muscat juice and enough warm water to make 5 gallons. Pitch some yeast nutrient and some mead yeast and let'er fly. My personal preference is the Kurt and Kathy Stock mead kits from Northern Brewer, but you may have something else in mind.

Good Luck
Mel Silva
3 Dog Brewery
www.3dogbrew.com