Stout recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.N. Brewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking for about 5 great stouts to try for inspiration to start brewing my own recipe. My go-to and favorite beer is Guinness Draught, but I also do love Guinness Extra Stout. I live in Missouri, and any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I’m looking for about 5 great stouts to try for inspiration to start brewing my own recipe. My go-to and favorite beer is Guinness Draught, but I also do love Guinness Extra Stout. I live in Missouri, and any recommendations would be great. Thanks!
Is Guinness the only stout you like? Do you like oatmeal stouts? Imperial stouts? Milk stouts?

Not being an a** with that question. Just trying to get an idea of what flavors you like

Not being an a** with that question. Just trying to get an idea of what flavors you like

You are all good! Guinness is the only one I have consistently drank, and just everything about it I love. There is absolutely no downside to it for me. I’ve had Sam Adams Oatmeal Stout, and some cream stout from Budweiser and I didn’t care for that at all. I used to be a “hop-head” and spent a lot of time reading about, brewing, and drinking Pales Ales and IPAs but... I just kind of got burnt out. The world of stouts is very new to me. I guess when I think of a stout besides Guinness I would want something that tastes roasted, maybe dark chocolate notes, or like espresso/ black coffee. However I’m all for going outside my comfort zone and trying new things.

I will for sure, and yeah Honkers is honestly one of my absolute favorites to drink. Goose Island IPA is my favorite IPA (Although Sierra Nevada is a close second). They are a great brewery

The choc milk stout I did was from blind bill . Fantastic . One thing I'll say about stouts is nitro is a must . :rock:

Back