Stout recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnapolisBrewer

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good stout? What is the name and where can I order it from. Not necessarily looking for an imperial and I would like something I can drink before Christmas.

6lb Amber LME
8oz Blackprinz
8oz Chocolate Malt
1 oz Northern Brewer 8.5%AA 60m
1lb Lactose
Safale S-04

Pretty simple sweet stout.

Can anyone recommend a good stout? What is the name and where can I order it from. Not necessarily looking for an imperial and I would like something I can drink before Christmas.

Do you really want to drink it before Christmas or do you want a really good tasting stout? Stouts take time to ferment and mature before they are really good. Before Christmas may be pushing it.

I'm finishing up 20 L of this. Have about 9 L left, been in the bottle about a month.

Cooper's OS Stout Kit 1.7KG
Dark LME 1.3KG
Dextrose .25KG
Bitter up the LME with .5 Oz Willamette
Top up to 20 Litres and off we go on some Notty.

Started it on October 1, left in primary for 14 days, was drinking it before Halloween. I liked the flavours better when it was new than I do now, but still tastes great. Kept my ferm temps 64*-68*.

I made the Deception Cream stout last winter and it was fantastic. It does get better with age but I think you could definitely make it and it would be drinkable by Xmas. There is an extract and all grain version. Here's the link:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/deception-cream-stout-141483/

I upped the lactose a little to make it sweeter in the hopes that my wife would like it. She did not. Oh well, more for me. :) I loves me a good stout! Good luck.

Back