Stout Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking to brew a stout with a lottt of different malts and some different boil additions. I'm mostly worried about the grain bill and how it will turn out, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated!

Grain - 60min Mash at 152
2lbs Golden Promise
2oz Victory
2oz Flaked Oats
2oz Crystal 80
2oz Roasted Barley
2oz Carapils
2oz Dark Munich
2oz Chocolate
2oz COFFEE
2oz Rye
1oz Peated Barley

Hops 60min boil
7g Fuggle or East Kent
20g Mugwort throughout brew process(6,4,10)
6g Heather tips at last hop addition

You don't need to keep it at a hard cutoff for a number of grains, but just understand what the purpose of each one is. Some award winning stouts on the AHA website are super busy (more than I would ever use), but it worked for them. At a glance, it looks like most of my stouts are 5-7 grains.

You don't need to keep it at a hard cutoff for a number of grains, but just understand what the purpose of each one is. Some award winning stouts on the AHA website are super busy (more than I would ever use), but it worked for them. At a glance, it looks like most of my stouts are 5-7 grains.

Thanks, I ended up ditching the Munich and Victory and scaling down therest of the grains. I'm pretty confident, it smells and tastes good so far, much less soy saucey than my last big stout.

Back