Stout in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

brewme29

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
11
I recently moved my stout to secondary. Ever since I did, the airlock had picked up a ton, should I leave it in there until it slows down?
 

CJ-3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2014
Messages
905
Reaction score
371
Location
Lombard
I would definitely wait until the airlock slowed down and then pull some gravity readings to see how far along it is.
 
OP
B

brewme29

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
11
Right on. When you say slow down, what kind of frequency are you talking?
 

CJ-3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2014
Messages
905
Reaction score
371
Location
Lombard
To be honest I wait 2 weeks with the secondary. By then the airlock has stopped and then I check for gravity readings to see if everything is where it should be. If it is stable for 3 days then I bottle it.
 

myndflyte

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
594
Location
Lake Mills
Its just dissolved CO2 being released by racking it. Use gravity readings to determine when to bottle it.
 

Latest posts

Top