Stout Floats?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinness71

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find it - even with the search.

Someone mentioned to me about doing a stout float, using a double Chocolate Stout and vanilla ice cream. He also mentioned adding some alcohol but I cant remember what it was now.

Anyone done this?.. Hows it taste - Other than possible ruining a good stout!

Stout Float

Ingredients

1 tablespoon Stout Syrup (recipe follows)
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
1 scoop chocolate ice cream
1 (12-ounce) bottle stout (whatever Stout you choose)

Stout Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 (12-ounce) bottle stout

Bring sugar and stout to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
Let cool before using.

Instructions
Drizzle syrup into a tall glass. Add a scoop each of vanilla and
chocolate ice creams. Top with stout and serve immediately, to adults only!

A friend of mine used an oatmeal stout to make ice cream, it was delicious! I've also had beer sorbet at the Michigan Brewers' Guild Summer Beer Fest, and it was pretty good (although my judgment may not have been 100% by after all the samples I tried).

I say go for it!

Mmmm that certainly sounds yummy - I really should start a stout sometime soon, and maybe even some homemade icecream would be delicious. It's especially good considering how warm it is at the momment on this side of the world.

I've haven't tried it yet, but someone told me a float made with Guinness and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream was really good.

Back