stout faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunfighter04

Reaction score
Anybody tell me if this is a real stout faucet, or just a std faucet that is shaped like a stout faucet. I paid $25 for it.
guinness.jpg

Great thanks. I was going to bottle my stout this weekend. guess I'll keg it instead. Glad I put the CO2 tank outside my keezer. I thought that a 2 keg keezer would last me a while, should have known better.

Gunfighter04 said:
Great thanks. I was going to bottle my stout this weekend. guess I'll keg it instead. Glad I put the CO2 tank outside my keezer. I thought that a 2 keg keezer would last me a while, should have known better.

Do you have a beer gas tank?

Sent from my iPad using HB Talk

No, just a dual regulator CO2 system. Still kind of confused about carbing with beer gas. What's the consensus on beer gas? get two tanks and carb with co2 and serve with beer gas?

Gunfighter04 said:
No, just a dual regulator CO2 system. Still kind of confused about carbing with beer gas. What's the consensus on beer gas? get two tanks and carb with co2 and serve with beer gas?

Yes carb wit co2 serve on beer gas. You need to have beer gas to use the stout faucet with the restrictor plate in.

You can carb with straight CO2 or beergas (75% Nitrogen, 25% CO2), or naturally. You want it to be around 1.4 volumes though.

The nitrogen in the beergas is to allow the beer to go through the stout faucet at a high pressure, without overcarbonating the beer. On a balanced system it should be 25-30psi. If that was straight CO2 your beer will get extremely carbonated.

Back