Stout faucet keeps dripping.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimman

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just purchased a chrome stout faucet off of ebay for a good price. Its in really good condition complete with all necessary parts. 2 days ago i cleaned it and attached it to my shank. Since then when I pour a beer, It drips every 10 seconds or so for quite awhile after. Is this normal? Can I fix this? Im currently only using CO2 because my nitrogen regulator has not arrived yet but im worried its going to keep leaking. Any advise or help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

sounds like a bad seal that slowly lets out the residual in the faucet

That's probably why you got it for a good price. As other poster said it probably needs a new seal which you should be able to find online. As a test see if you can put a small bit of keg lube on seal and see if that cures the drip.

Does it stop dripping eventually? If so then it is probably just beer stuck in the nozzle dripping out sllowly. Mine does this.

Unscrew the nozzle from the tap, dry the tap outlet and threads with a paper towel. That will make it easy to see if the seal is actually leaking.

Remove and clean that nozzle frequently. Beer dries in there and it gets nasty.

Back