Quantcast

Stout Faucet Holy Head Batman

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

JCourtland

Reaction score
Alright I just got a stout faucet and co2/nitro set up. I am getting some major head, damn close to a whole glass. I started at 30 psi and now I'm down to 5 psi and I'm down to a half of glass of head. Did I over carb the stout to begin with? I carb it the way I use to when I didn't have the stout set up. Any info on how I can fix this problem or how to prevent it next time.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Reaction score
Sounds overcarbonated. Try releasing all of the keg pressure, then shake the keg a bit, release the pressure again, watch for foam...repeat as required. I made the same mistake once.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
When carbing a stout in preparation for the stout faucet, I find that 0psi at 40 is perfect. To get this I hook it up to CO2 (whatever pressure the other beers are on) for a few days, disconnect it, and vent it whenever I'm out there until it stops letting off gas. Comes out to 1.3-1.4 volumes.

Shay

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
When carbing a stout in preparation for the stout faucet, I find that 0psi at 40 is perfect. To get this I hook it up to CO2 (whatever pressure the other beers are on) for a few days, disconnect it, and vent it whenever I'm out there until it stops letting off gas. Comes out to 1.3-1.4 volumes.
Is 0 PSI correct?