Stout Faucet and Combo Shank Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markd27

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I happen to have a couple hundred bucks in Amazon gift cards that I am having trouble putting to good use (yea I know, first world problems :)). I'm a Prime member so Amazon is and has been my go to vendor for just about anything and everything, but there is a definite lack of homebrew gear. Some of the stuff I really need is just not available, so I am looking at some other lesser needed gear. I basically have decided to go ahead and get a Nitro setup, as well as Perlick 525SS faucets (I already bought a 4 keg system from Keg Connection, but went with cobra taps at the time). I haven't built my Keezer yet and having Nitro isn't exactly high on the priority list, but as I said there's not a lot to choose from that I don't already own. My plan will be to have 4 taps total with one of them being the stout faucet.

Now, there are a few homebrew vendors selling through Amazon, however, the prices/selection aren't always great and they can gouge you on shipping. Here's a few links on what I am thinking about ordering, followed by some questions I have about each.

Stout Faucet

Nitro Regulator

Nitro Cylinder

Perlick 525SS Faucet and Shank Combo

Questions:

1. For $80 the Stout Faucet seems steep, esp since it is in chrome, but it seems to be about the going rate. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with this particular model that you can share?

2. The 525SS combo I listed has a chrome shank with the integrated barb, not a separate tailpiece. Are there any issues with the built in barb I should know about? This combo is only $10 more than the faucet by itself and has the knob as well, so it seems like a good price.

3. The cylinder and regulator seem pretty straightforward in terms of cost and function. Anything I should be concerned about with the ones I listed?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone?

It's all in my cart and ready to go, but it would've nice to have some positive feedback before pulling the trigger!

:mug:

Back