Storing Star San in a Bluewave water bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortdiver

Reaction score
I have been doing a good deal of reading about mixing a batch of Star San using distilled water, and storing it for multiple use... I was searching about for a good container to store the stuff in, and ran across a make of waterbottle called Bluewave. Here is the product description:

Product Description
Store water in this safe and durable polycarbonate plastic bottle. Perfect for daily use at home or at the office; or even storage for emergency preparation. Comes with 48mm screw cap and each bottle has a handle for convenient carrying. Can be used with standard water coolers.

I found a thread that said it was okay to store Star San in a bucket, but was unsure about a bottle made as described above.

Has anyone used a Bluewave bottle for anything like this before? or Other thoughts?

Welcome to HBT!

I have no idea what a bluewave bottle is but I store mine in the same bottle I mix it in, the distilled water jug.

edit: I looked up bluewave bottle but I couldn't fine the recycle number. They look like they are made for water and if they have a 1 or 2 recycle number, they are probably fine to use.

Back