Storing / re-using C-Brite solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
Morning, brewers. I made up a gallon of C-Brite the other day and poured about half of it into my wallpaper tray to sterilize my wine thief, hands, etc. After working, I poured the leftover back into the gallon container.

Is it OK to re-use it, or should I always dump out what has touched equipment?

I have a bottle of Star-San on the way, and I know that'll last for about a month as a solution. But I'm still curious to whether it's safe to re-use the batch that's been in contact with the equipment or if it should always go down the drain.

Thanks!

-Joe

thank you for asking this question
i am interested in the same topic
i have not used any of these cleaners before and have a lot to clean, if i am going to clean at all
so reusing the same water for two jugs one right after the other would be my immediate question,
saving it is a great thing, would just keep it in another jug, although jugs are in short supply today.
very active time of year
what are you brewing?

wall paper try, that is inovative
well wold love you to share your answer if you get any,
never did blogs before so not sure if all this is too much or what
i rather expected i might brouse others questions and answers to them........similar to another site i visit, which works out quite well for immediate concerns
anyway,
happy brewing
i'll return when time permits
thx
enjoy the holiday
hope you have some brew on hand :mug:

Morning, brewers. I made up a gallon of C-Brite the other day and poured about half of it into my wallpaper tray to sterilize my wine thief, hands, etc. After working, I poured the leftover back into the gallon container.

Is it OK to re-use it, or should I always dump out what has touched equipment?

I have a bottle of Star-San on the way, and I know that'll last for about a month as a solution. But I'm still curious to whether it's safe to re-use the batch that's been in contact with the equipment or if it should always go down the drain.

Thanks!

-Joe

Yes, it is ok to reuse on a batch. Keep an eye on the color and clarity of the solution. If it is still clear, then it is probably ok to use. Buy once it is cloudy then throw it away. Also, for star san you can check the pH to determine if it is still good, but I don't know if that works with c brite. Also, another way to save solution is to use a spray bottle and spay down your equipment. That way you will save time and solution.

Also, another way to save solution is to use a spray bottle and spay down your equipment. That way you will save time and solution.

I switched to Star-San and started using it in the spray bottle. It's awesome. The convenience factor is huge.

-Joe

Back