Storing long items and hoses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I really need to do something about storing my long items. I have hoses piled up on top of my upright kegerator and my autosiphon and thief and whatnot up there as well. I NEED to move them, but I don't have a good way to store that stuff.

Ideally I would have a place to put the hoses that allows them to hang without curling up too much. The rigid items I can probably manage to find a place for, but I kind of want to see what others are doing. Most of my other stuff fits in a small drawer and a plastic organizing tool box.

I have two, ~5" in diameter, ~4" inside diameter, 6'+ card board tubes that would probably work for what you need. They were used to ship some pipe to me a while back and I never threw them out thinking they would be good for something, some day. Yours for the price of shipping if you would like. I am not home right now, so I could get you exact dimensions later if you would like....and some pictures.

If you're gonna do that you could just go to home depot and get a length of PVC.

Right. My hoses are always soaked inside and out and would degrade cardboard pretty quickly.

Not sure what kind of room you have, but I went this route.

http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/p-2287864-c-9453.htm

I hung it about 6 feet in the air so it can handle 12' hoses. Put a pan or bucket or two below if you're worried about drips.

They also make the same model that hangs on a door.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hooks on the wall, simple enough for me, my auto siphon is close to ceiling height so the hose doesn't have to coil.
eeb94bea-092d-4c0a-bfa4-133331a86509.jpg

i put the middle part of the siphon tube on the top of the kitchen cupboard doors overnight to hang dr and then i have a flat long rubbermaid tote i have all my siphons and tubes in.
like this dude
KT80Lt_Rollaway_Clear.jpg

The on problem is that I don't have a lot of wall space to just hang some of this stuff inside the house. It's also visually unattractive. I might just get a wide and short plastic tote for the hoses, and I like the plastic tube idea for the more rigid items. I could mount that plastic pipe on the side of my kegerator with magnets pretty easily and it would be conveniently placed, yet still out of the way, and not terribly unattractive.

I don't mind a few drips. I normally rinse and spray with starsan, then shake the excess, or twirl around in the case of hoses.

I've a rig similar to the one previously posted. Has a fair amount of open space underneath. I plan to build a chest of drawers to fit underneath for storage.

Latest posts

Back