Storing kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have have a keg full of beer that hasn't been tapped, is it ok to store it outside of a fridge until I need to tap it, or does it need to stay cool?

Should be just fine. I guess technically the cooler the temp you are storing it at, the slower it will show signs of aging (particularly oxidation). So if you plan on storing the beer for a long time you might take that into consideration. A few weeks probably will not make a noticeable difference, but 6 months probably will.

I generally have at least one being stored at room temp (purged and pressurized). Seems to work ok. I'd rather store them in at least cellar temps, but when the kegerator and lagering chamber are both full, I don't have much choice. SWMBO gets mad when I try to put kegs in the kitchen fridge....

hunter_la5 said:
i generally have at least one being stored at room temp (purged and pressurized). Seems to work ok. I'd rather store them in at least cellar temps, but when the kegerator and lagering chamber are both full, i don't have much choice. Swmbo gets mad when i try to put kegs in the kitchen fridge....

swmbo?

Back