Storing Apple Cider Vinegar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainSir

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Angus and I'm posting here on these forums about how to properly store vinegar.
I'm not actually interested in brewing, sadly, and I understand this may be the wrong place for this topic. I'm only interested in the long-term storage of apple cider vinegar.
My friend has loved the stuff since he was a kid, and I'm trying to buy his favourite brand in a bulk order, but instead of receiving a single large container like a barrel, I have to get a collection of 32 ounce bottles.
I'm inquiring as to whether I can just buy a barrel and pour all the individual containers into it, despite the fact they could possibly be from different brews. And if so, I'd like advice on what to buy.

Thanks

Unless you're wanting to barrel age, infuse or special package the vinegar, I'd just leave it in the bottles. Though, if you're set on a single large container, I've successfully kept vinegar in a glass 6 gallon carbouy for 1.5 years. I've been infusing it with cranberries & I just put an airlock on it & kept it in the dark. I check it every month & it seems to be doing just fine. I'll bottle in November & give it away for Christmas. Should be nice & sweet & fruity after 2 years of infusion.
Regards, GF.

Back