Stopping a starter? advice needed quickly!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Help!

I have a starter on the stirplate only I am not going to use it now. :drunk:

I am about to leave the country tomorrow and I was going to get in one last batch today. However I have decided it is too crazy around here and I just cannot realistically do it. It was a long-shot to begin with. Hoping to get in one last batch before I become a daddy for the second time :ban:

...and all the lack of brewing that comes with that.

So, thoughts? Is there anything I can do with the yeast to enable future use? Realizing that I may not get to use it anyway. :(

It is WLP500 Trappist ale. I made a 1L starter yesterday afternoon. I has been on the stirplate since then.

Chill it.

If you don't expect to brew anytime soon then why not just dump it and start again.
Or let it run it's coarse and harvest the yeast then chill.

I'm being cheap. :eek:

Well, it isn't so much the $6 for the yeast. It is the fact I have to pay shipping on top of it. My LHBS does not carry good liquid yeast.

I'll be gone for a week. However when I return I will be jet-lagged and have an infant daughter to care for. We are adopting our second child (from Korea, where I am traveling to) and she is ready to come home.

So, who knows when I will get to the actual brewing. ;)

Guess I'll just chalk it up to bad planning thinking I could actually brew one last batch.

I was just in Korea a couple of weeks ago...Seoul (naturally), Daegu, Dongduchon and Pusan.

You may remember these cities spelled with a "T", but the president changed them back to "D"s (excapt for Pusan that is ;) ).

Melana said:
Maybe pass it along to one of the guys up there in VT?

I thought about that. Unfortunately I am fairly far from most of the folks I am aware of on this forum. But hey, If any of you folks are reading this in VT and want an active trappist ale starter, come and get it!

homebrewer_99 said:
I was just in Korea a couple of weeks ago...Seoul (naturally), Daegu, Dongduchon and Pusan.

You may remember these cities spelled with a "T", but the president changed them back to "D"s (excapt for Pusan that is ;) ).

Yes, I will be in Seoul. First time to Korea. Heck, first time out of the country for me (well, okay, Quebec, Canada I guess) First time off the continent then.

Itaewan is a must for shopping if you are only in Seoul.

I forget the street (and Burger King's gone), but if you look around the corner at one of the traffic lights look up to the second floor for a sign: Gecko's. It's a bar. Lots of Americans hang out there.

I don't know what you are into hobbies wise, but there is a pretty extensive Electronics Market. It's a long walk from Itaewan so take a taxi if you are inclined. At

Outside of Yongsan (Army base) there's a Korean War Memorial that's interesting.

Back