Stone Brewery - Enjoy After Series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiddlersGreen87

Reaction score
Here’s your breaking beer news of the day…and in a few days you’ll see it elsewhere so check it out here first! Stone will be launching a new series of beers that are called Enjoy After. This is the first edition and it will be Enjoy After 10.31.15. Playing on the success of their Enjoy By series of beers, this series takes the opposite tack and recommends you cellar the IPA until at least the date on the label so it has a chance to develop and mature. This IPA will be “spiked” at the time of bottling with Brettanomyces wild yeast and the date on the bottle indicates the earliest you should open the beer because that is how long it will take to be fully carbonated. Stay tuned for release details.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/08/stone-to-release-enjoy-after-with.html?m=1

Thought others might be interested in this. I'm looking forward to following their releases and trying a couple.

Interesting. I have to hand it to Stone, they're wildly successful in keeping up with the hip trends and making a killing. Having never bottled a brett beer I can't say whether or not they're full of it when they say it'll take a year to carbonate. I think it is better, if carbonation is not the case, to just say that by adding brett the beer will age well and be better in a year.

I'm sure this will sell just as fast as their Enjoy By series and I'm sure I'll be a sucker and buy a couple bottles. :D

They're definitely more in tune with what it takes to be a successful craft brewery. The concept that if you just make good beer you'll be successful just isn't the case, especially in a market with so many options. There's a reason MBC spend astronomical numbers on marketing. Their beer sucks, so they have to compensate. It's not crazy to think that with good beer you still have to market it properly, but obviously not nearly as much.

I am going to try and get a few of these and try to hold them for a year, but a part of me thinks this won't be as successful as the "Enjoy By Date" series specifically because I think people will be turned off by the inability to cellar a beer between 50-70 degrees for a year. I know I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I don't have a basement and I live in Georgia.

What would be interesting to see is if a beer store could purchase a huge quantity, cellar it themselves, and sell it at a market up at the 1 year date.

Interesting. I have to hand it to Stone, they're wildly successful in keeping up with the hip trends and making a killing.

There is an entire subculture of beer tasters who would rather try a new beer than drink one they know is good. Sometimes it is just for the experience and sometimes it is for "ticking" or getting your beer count higher. Stone does a good job of feeding them new beers. I love trying new and oddball beers so I will probably buy it.

If you think about it, the concept is pretty genius. If the beer is absolutely horrible, you won't find out until after you buy it and wait a year. If you drink it now and say "this beer is horrible, don't buy it, it won't amount to anything" they can always counter by telling you that you didn't wait long enough. :fro:

I might go ahead and grab a bottle or two of this. I don't drink beer too fast, especially if it's expensive. I'll just toss it in the cabinet with my really good red wine that I'm aging for a few years, forget about it and when I move in the next 2 years have a pleasant surprise.

There is an entire subculture of beer tasters who would rather try a new beer than drink one they know is good. Sometimes it is just for the experience and sometimes it is for "ticking" or getting your beer count higher. Stone does a good job of feeding them new beers. I love trying new and oddball beers so I will probably buy it.

If you think about it, the concept is pretty genius. If the beer is absolutely horrible, you won't find out until after you buy it and wait a year. If you drink it now and say "this beer is horrible, don't buy it, it won't amount to anything" they can always counter by telling you that you didn't wait long enough. :fro:

I couldn't agree more. I'll never be one to say that Stone isn't smart in its marketing and sales.

Back