Stone 18th IPA bottles conditioned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtejedor

Reaction score
Just got a bottle and it appears like there is some yeast at the bottom. Anyone else notice this? It could be hops but sure looks like yeast. Might try making a starter but I only have one bomber, hoping this is their elusive house strain.

So your saying they use paceman to bottle condition?

PacMan is their house yeast. Their beers are bottle conditioned, so there will be yeast in the bottles. I don't know, but I would expect them to filter their beers for clarity, and then re-yeast at bottling to ensure consistent carbonation. There is no reason why they would use a different yeast at bottling, would add complexity of maintaining two separate yeast strains.

Yea, Stone's yeast is actually available right now under a wyeast private collection, it's 1217 West Coast IPA(available october-december).

I tried to harvest the yeast myself but did a poor job decanting the beer (it was NOT my first of the evening...). I went ahead and tried anyway, but the bottle I had was born-on about two months prior, so that was old'ish yeast to begin with.

So...if you fail like I did you can always go to the store and get some pure stone yeast.

Latest posts

Back