Stone 11th extract clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0110x011

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had an extract clone recipe for Stone 11th. I haven't gotten as far as all-grain; just steeping specialty grains with extract. Does anyone have a good extract recipe, or should I just wait til I'm brewing all-grain for this one?

See this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=51521 for this:

Stone 11th Anniversary Ale Recipe

Grain Bill:

90% pale malt
5% 60°L Crystal
5% Weyermann Carafa III Special

OG target is 20.5°P (1.082 SG) Terminal Gravity target is 4°P (1.016 SG)

Hops:

Bittering at start of boil: 100% Chinook
Flavor hops added at end of boil or whirlpool: 50/50 blend of Simcoe and Amarillo

Target 120 IBU’s.

Ferment with good ale yeast. We used our house yeast.

Dry-Hop with 50/50 blend of Simcoe and Amarillo, use LOTS! (we used 1 ½ pounds per barrel).

The carafa and the Crystal can just be steeped, no need to mash. Now just convert the pale malt to pale DME (Again, a good rule of thumb is 1.0lb malt = 0.67lb DME).

I should be in bed so I cannot do the math right now but you need to figure out exactly how much of everything you need... using www.tastybrew.com/calculators/recipe.html I would guess that, for a 5 gallon batch with a 3 gallon boil, maybe:
12lb Light DME
0.67lbs. Carafa
0.67lb Crystal 60
2.25 oz. Chinook at 60 minutes.

That looks like it is about right. Or I could be horribly wrong. If I am right, that is an awful lot of DME ($$$). Maybe time to do a PM?

Back