• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

STOLEN: Sabco Brew Magic - Chicago.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iX_Xi

Paid Supporter
Reaction score
34348159_10216483518743312_2221199271212875776_n.jpg
SABCO Brew Magic Stolen in Chicago.

Guys please keep an eye out for someone trying to sell a Sabco Brew Magic. Mine was stolen out of my garage overnight.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any leads or come across someone trying to sell one.
There are some identifying marks and there is a serial number in the Controller unit I can match up.

Please share with your brewing friends - I'm sure it will pop up somewhere.

Last edited:
That is so flipping lame dude… I'm really sorry to hear that. I still am active with my homebrew club out in Oak Park and will let those guys know. I live in Northwest Indiana now and will also ask around here to keep an eye out for you.

Oh my god, man, I can't even put into words. I'm so sorry and I'm applauding you for not going ballistic at this point. I hope the police can be of help, any and all avenues can put together getting it back to you. Chin up buddy - I have faith it will come back to you. You don't hide something like a SABCO so well.

That blows. I’m in the north burbs if you need a brewhouse for a day pm me.

I’ll keep an eye out. The scrapper idea is an interesting one. I’d send a note to the local brew clubs. I’ll forward it to Nubs for you. Chaos should be notified as well.

My first thought is a bad neighbor with evil intentions.

That blows. I’m in the north burbs if you need a brewhouse for a day pm me.

I’ll keep an eye out. The scrapper idea is an interesting one. I’d send a note to the local brew clubs. I’ll forward it to Nubs for you. Chaos should be notified as well.

My first thought is a bad neighbor with evil intentions.

I already let Wingnut Brew club know, and asked them to pass it on to the guys a Urban Knaves of Grain know as well. I agree Chaos should be made aware, hopefully @Pappers_ sees this.

Just gave my brother a heads up on this . He's in Elmhurst area and has several friends that brew and he'll pass on the message to keep an eye out.

Hope that you get it back.

I already let Wingnut Brew club know, and asked them to pass it on to the guys a Urban Knaves of Grain know as well. I agree Chaos should be made aware, hopefully @Pappers_ sees this.

iX Xi is a member of CHAOS, too. I made sure BOSS knew about. Keeping an eye on the classifieds here is a good idea, too.

Anything unique about your system or any modifications that could identify it with out a doubt vs other SABCO systems?

I saw one on “home brewers” Facebook page. Just scrolled past, listed for 9k or something looked pretty new. I’m sure the admins deleted it because I couldn’t find it again. Try contacting an admin ask them Q’s.

Hey guys, Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions. There were 4 garages broken into that night. At another house they tried to steal a full chest freezer of meat. Other items taken - lawn/power tools. I went to 21 junk yards in the Chicago area today and gave them a flyer with pictures, contact info etc... The City of Chgo has a long standing rule that Scrap Yards cannot buy kegs - this helps curb keg theft at bars. None the less, they said they'd keep an eye out for the whole system or parts turning up on the back of a truck.

A neighbor who's garage was entered had a motion triggered camera that was able to record video and audio for 2 minutes before these crooks realized there was a camera and ran off. Those clips have been forwarded to the detectives that are tying all of the break-in's together.

Just so it's out there contact:
Det. Demetrios Kolliopoulos #20238
Chicago Police Department Area North Detective Bureau
312-744-8263
312-742-4410

or myself if anything relevant comes to mind.

Here is a clip from my neighbors Garage Video.
0.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions. There were 4 garages broken into that night. At another house they tried to steal a full chest freezer of meat. Other items taken - lawn/power tools. I went to 21 junk yards in the Chicago area today and gave them a flyer with pictures, contact info etc... The City of Chgo has a long standing rule that Scrap Yards cannot buy kegs - this helps curb keg theft at bars. None the less, they said they'd keep an eye out for the whole system or parts turning up on the back of a truck.

A neighbor who's garage was entered had a motion triggered camera that was able to record video and audio for 2 minutes before these crooks realized there was a camera and ran off. Those clips have been forwarded to the detectives that are tying all of the break-in's together.

Just so it's out there contact:
Det. Demetrios Kolliopoulos #20238
Chicago Police Department Area North Detective Bureau
312-744-8263
312-742-4410

or myself if anything relevant comes to mind.

Here is a clip from my neighbors Garage Video.View attachment 573678

Make sure you post those pictures and the story to Facebook. You'll be surprised how quickly somebody recognizes them and turns them in. Has worked for my business a few times. Public shaming does wonders.

That is one huge piece of evidence, iX_Xi. Incredible photography of these moron POS's and I do hope to see a bust in your case shortly.

That sucks, have you checked the online sale apps? LetGo, OfferUp, 5 Miles, Craigslist.

I've checked all of those a few times for the OP. My guess is this stuff will be sold to a pawn shop, by word of mouth, or at a flea market. Still a good idea to keep looking on the public second hand market though

A picture is worth a 1000 words,,,get those posted ASAP, and all over!!!

Someone knows those ass clowns, offer a reward, small $100 bucks or so, be surprised how fast people will flip on friends.

Was a Military Cop for 20 years, seen them flip for less...

T

Thanks guys, I have flyers out at Junk Yards. Working Pawn Shops next.

Thanks for the kind offer of Fund Raising. I have insurance so I should be covered there, it's just a lot of red tape and a long process. I've been brewing at the CHAOS Clubhouse most recently. It's actually been a quicker brew day for me. I was just prepping/cleaning this equipment for its 1st use of the year about a week before this happened. As for the Iowa post, thanks for looking out (that's what I need most, an extra few sets of eyes and ears out there). I don't think that's the system, she's trying to unload way more equipment than I had taken. However, at some point I need to find a replacement and I need to show the insurance company replacement comps.

Last edited:
Dang man, I hate that for you and your neighbors. I hope something turns up. I hate thief's. 7 years ago I had my mowing equipment stolen along with the trailer while I was at work (it was hooked up to my truck outside, with a lock). Nothing ever came from it and it still kills me to this day.

Best of luck!

if they are brewing on this, lets hope that every batch they brew gets infected.... lol

keep your head up and hopefully they catch these idiots and recover your rig.

Thanks! I appreciate all the extra eyes out there looking for things that pop up in their local classifieds or on other online sites that I have missed. I let Sabco know today that the unit was stolen. They will update their database.

Thanks. If you're curious about a Sabco someone is offering you check in with Jim Sulier @ Sabco.
Jim Sulier (419) 531-KEGS (5347). [email protected]

Jim can run the serial # and let you know what version of software the controller has been update to.

Latest posts

Back