Stock pot and turkey fryer diameter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downtown3641

Reaction score
I have a Bayou Classic turkey fryer. I'm looking to upgrade to a 40qt or larger kettle. The issue I'm running into is the diameter of the pots I'm finding are larger than the diameter of the burner. The burner is just under 13" in diameter and the pots are generally between 14" and 15". I could set the pot on top of the outer ring of the burner (the 32qt pot included with the burner sits inside it). This would place the pot about 3/4" higher. Would this create a problem?

Didn't for me just make sure its balanced. I had a square fryer i don't know how a round one would work though.

Reviving an old thread! I have the same question. Have a turkey fryer kit with a "safety" ring around the pot with diameter 13.75". How large diameter of a pot do you need for it to be safe and stable? Last thing I want is to have 8 gallons of boiling wort slip and spill when I stir. :D

Latest posts

Back