Stir bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionalChaos

Reaction score
I want to order a few stirbars, but am having a hard time justifying the shipping expense for 2 single stirbars. Seems like you could put them in a padded envelope and ship them with a stamp or two. Austin Hombrew seems to have a good shipping rate comparatively, but it's still 8$.... Am I just going to have to eat it or is there anyone out there that will ship a few bars for not too much?

Try getting them shipped internationally! Some only post priority mail and I've been quoted up to $25 for ONE stir bar that would cost $3 to ship here. I feel your pain but its usually ebay sellers charging under cost but more postage to get around eBay fees. Why retailers do it, I don't know?

I ended up buying one of mine from Hong Kong and they would ship to you also. Worked out about $12 all up so have a look at eBay and see if you can find an Asian shipper if the local shops want too much.

for small items like this i always call the shop. certain options, like flat rate USPS are offered, just not normally posted on sites.

My friend had 2 stir bars shipped via USPS from BMW in an envelope (they didn't charge anything for it)...The envelope showed up with a hole in it where the two stir bars came out. It was his own bad idea so he didn't even bother to ask them for a refund. After all, they only did as he requested.

Moral of the story: Sometimes its not better to go cheap...

Just order ingredients for your next batch with them, then it seems more worth it!

Try getting them shipped internationally! Some only post priority mail and I've been quoted up to $25 for ONE stir bar that would cost $3 to ship here. I feel your pain but its usually ebay sellers charging under cost but more postage to get around eBay fees. Why retailers do it, I don't know?

I ended up buying one of mine from Hong Kong and they would ship to you also. Worked out about $12 all up so have a look at eBay and see if you can find an Asian shipper if the local shops want too much.

Or you get it shipped from Houston scientific they charge no Shipping and their price isn't bad

Or you get it shipped from Houston scientific they charge no Shipping and their price isn't bad

Have you had anything shipped from him recently? He was my original source for stir bars. He was great to deal with then all of the sudden, NO communication as if the guy died. I had to do a charge back. I watched his eBay account go from a great feedback rating to a ton of negative feedback and then his account was flat out suspended.

This was about 9-12 months ago, so maybe he's got his head back in the game. It's too bad, because he was a really cool guy to deal with at first. I hope your positive experience is recent.

Back