Stimulus Watch...What used to be in your wallet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, none of this applies to me. Not buying a house (mortgage-free on this one) or car (no sales tax anyway), can't get unemployment, no medical insurance to save on, etc. Already did all of the energy-savings stuff and I haven't made a profit on my new business, so changing the carry-back does nada.

On the other hand, no profits = no taxes. I'd rather be in a position to pay some taxes though.

But they'll get the EXTRA money by upping your house taxes...you know they will...

I've got "forest deferral" property. As long as I replace any tree I cut down, I'm golden.

Yeah I think the whole thing is useless. I make too much for the house credit and the worker stimulus credit. So I pay all these taxes to give others free money? For people to buy houses that they probably shouldn't... Meanwhile I pay over 3,000 a month trying to repay student loans as fast as I can (which I can't deduct either) and won't be able to RESPONSIBLY buy a house for at least 7-8 years until they are paid off. Yet all of my taxes are going to give others free money towards a house? Of course it could be worse, but still... Everyone has to complain right?

All this does is make me think I should put off marriage longer. Because if I DON'T get married my fiance gets $1,200+ reduced taxes by all these credits and deductions. Yet they are soon to be running an ad campaign to encourage people to get married.

Back