Still not carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verotik

Reaction score
Had some beer in the bottle for 3 weeks. When i bottled it, it tasted really sweet and i was actually worried about bottle bombs. I've tried a few over the last week, i get the co2 smoke in the neck when i pop the top, but its just not carbonating. 3 weeks is plenty enough time to see carbonation. I've taken it out and swirled all the bottled and even moved them to a location that is between 75-78 degrees...no dice. It doesnt taste sweet, but theres no drinking it flat.

Anyone ever poured out the bottled and then kegged it? Im thinking, what if i just poured really slow into a bucket or something similar, could i keg it up so i could at least drink it?

I think i might try kegging it since i really dont wanna go through all the trouble to try to rebottle and adding more sugar.

What beer did you make? I had a stout that wasn't showing much carbonation after a month and finally kicked in between five and six weeks. If it's a lower gravity beer than what was the temp it was at before you moved it to the 70 degree area and how long was it there?

It is a Grand Cru that came in at 7.4%. The temp was 68 before i moved it, and i roused the yeast several times before moving it to a warmer area. This will give me a good reason to keg my first beer and leave my wheat beer in the primary for another week.

Yah, the only two bigger beers that I have done have taken longer to carb. But kegging sounds like a plan. Enjoy your Grand Cru!

I have had 2 batches which initially failed to carb for whatever reason.

Both carbed after 4 months or so.

The key is to finally stop checking them and actually forget them, the next time you crack one, it will be pleasantly carbed.

Back