Still krausen after FG reached for 5 days???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lind13

Reaction score
So i brewed an ipa about 2 and a half weeks ago almost 3, OG was 1.077 and pitched a 2 day starter, i have taken a few FG readings, one 5 days ago, one 2 days ago and one today, all of which real 1.012 (Est FG was 1.017-1.020......) I am still showing a ton of krausen in the carboy, i mean it hasnt budged, i am wondering if i need to let it sit? I have brewed quite a few all grain batches but never once have i seen krausen this long after. Any advice would be lovely! I am wanting to rack to secondary and dry hop.

I had that happen once. I very gently swirled the fermenter, so not to stir the trub and it knocked it down in a day or so. Thinking about it now, must have had bubbles holding it up.

if you're at 1.077 OG, wouldn't you want to let it sit longer then 3 weeks?

I don't see any reason to let it sit any longer than 3 weeks... My FG is hit and has been at it for 5 days now. Generally your good to go for secondary after that, I was just looking for recommendation on what to do about the krausen or if it matters

Back