Sticky Low Pressure Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krrazy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to check other people's experiences -- about a year ago I purchased most of a kegging setup from Keg Cowboy. I really liked their gauges with the rubber protectors on them.

I kept the equipment packed as it came for about an year due to various factors and am finally starting to put my setup together. I connected the regulator to the CO2 bottle and was doing some experimentation with setting pressue. On one of the two low pressure gauges, the needle sits at 10 PSI regardless of where I have the knob set. If I tap the back of the gauge, it will jump to 20, 0, whatever the pressure really is.

Is this normal (i.e. do gauges need to be broken in), or should I get a new gauge?

Thanks!

It's not normal, something is amiss. Sometimes the gauge face is warped or misaligned with the gauge body, causing the needle to drag on the face. Or the needle itself is bent backwards and contacts the face. Either of those causes can be fixed, if you can get the bezel off the gauge body.

If close inspection rules out both of those causes then the problem is internal, in which case I'd contact the seller for an exchange...

Cheers!

Back