Sticking faucets - any way to prevent it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_jabsd

Reaction score
Howdy all! I'm new to brewing and even newer to kegging - 6 batches brewed, 2 kegged.
I'm having some issues with my faucets sticking. Does any one have any advice on how to keep the faucets clean(er) between pours?
Thanks!

Pour often. :D

I have the same problem. I think that is why many people choose the Perlick faucets. I will say that removing the faucet, dismantling it and soaking in a weak oxyclean solution, then rinsing well, putting back together and re-installing only takes about 10-15 minutes. Doesn't need to be done everyday. Just once in awhile, and make sure you disconnect the beer out QD first!

Some folks have reported reasonably good results by spraying star san or some cheap vodka or something up the spout after each session.

But the real answer is go get some Perlick facuets. They are somewhat more expensive (though I think that link is more expensive than most), and don't stick at all.

BTW my biggest issue with the generic faucets was less the sticking than the disgusting black mold that would grow on the insides. Yuck.

Latest posts

Back