Sterilised bottled... How long do they last?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenkotronics

Reaction score
So, I just got done sterilising a load of bottles and then got paranoid that the beer hadn't finished fermenting, so figured it'd be best to leave for one more day.

How long do bottles stay sterilised for?

keep them covered tightly and they should be fine for a day. I always sanitize bottles the day before I bottle into them.

I was going to put cling film over the top, but some had condensation in them (I was using our baby bottle steriliser, classy!), so have just covered them with a clean towel for now. Will take a judgement call on them tomorrow.

If the hydrometer has moved again, I'll just wait and re-sanitise.

I use put them in cases, cover with cling wrap and the tape down the cover. Nothing can get in so if they are clean and sanitized nothing can grow

I worked bottling soft drinks and water and the bottles came from the plant just covered. All we did was rinse them before filling. Water is very easily contaminated but as long as they are completely clean and santized do you really think they could get growth in them overnight. I may be wrong but so far I haven't had any problems doing it that way.

Back