Stella Clone Brew day tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsc3

Reaction score
Lots of questions for the group!
Were expecting snow tomorrow so I could not have picked a better brew day!
Tomorrow I am brewing a Austin HomeBrew Stella Artios clone.
I really like Stella but because of this forum, I am experementing with other beers. I am really liking some of the more hopper brews and I am willing to try other beers. But, I like pilsners and lagers. This is my third home brew but my first lager!
(Thanks for the freezer and the Johnson Control unit Jeanine! Best wife ever!!)
I have my starter in the Erlenmeyer flask bubbling downstairs. (I ordered two vials of yeast!) and am using light DME to do the starter. I will post pics at it looks great!!
I plan on doing a full boil.
I have the 1% alcohol boost, is it OK to do another one to make the boost 2%? I want to get the smooth Stella taste without giving it a cider or off taste. I have a feeling I will be better off sticking to a 1% boost.
Five plus gallons of spring and distilled water.
I read I need to steep the grains in a small amount of water. How much water and how long at 155 degrees would you advise?
I have the freezer set at 50 degrees and I plan a four week primary.
Diactyl rest for about five days, transfer to the secondary / bottling bucket and then back in to the freezer at an optimum temp at 34 degrees for about 6 weeks.
Bottled and then served in about four weeks. Coopers carb tabs seem to work really well!
I figure it will be ready for the Memorial Day weekend.
Does this sound about right?
Let me know!!!

I would follow AHS directions to the tee... I haven't done a lager but the steeping question would be answered in those directions.

GOOD LUCK!

PS: I wouldn't do any alcohol boost at all ... Stella is designed to be a session beer... no reason to change that IMO

Yeah, follow the directions. AHS's directions are easy to follow. Ya can't go wrong with them imo. Good luck with it!

So far so good! I'm keeping the temperature at about 50°. It will stay in the primary fermenter for about four weeks at this temperature. Diacetyl break after that and then back into the freezer for about six weeks at 34°.

1.057 OG
1.016 FG

It is going into the bottle tomorrow.
Followed the instructions but I took my time with this. It smells like a really nice beer! I hope it carbonates well and tastes as wonderful as it smells!

Back